Sunday, September 27, 2020

At long last I have one of these (actually 2 er, uhm make that 3 possibly 4) Okay, 5, but that's it, no more...

 

Almost like the holy grail, to me, I have been hoping to find one of these in a yard sale, or geek store. On a whim, I decided to search online again, finding some on Ebay. Shipping to Canada would be costly, and the asking price after conversion meant they would run $100 or more. 

Then I noticed the Amazon add in the corner, I had low expectations, but decided to check them out, what could be the harm. Well amazingly they had some, and with free shipping it came to $45.00 more or less. Some how I did not realize that these had been re-released last year, more fool me!

To me, this is a thing of beauty, one of the best Martian flyers around. Yes it need some conversion work, but the bones are great, and there is a lot to work with!



Scaled for 3.5" figures, it is perfect for 28mm miniatures. My plan for this one is to follow the Warlords and build an Earther ship, with two sponsons  extending from just behind the front superstructure, forming a T. Machine guns in the sponsons, and canons in the stern and bow.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment